When following a ketogenic diet, you should put a lot of foods aside due to the demands that it entails.
Living a low-carb, high-fat lifestyle does not mean that when having a drink with your friends you have to refuse. Instead, be sure to talk to the bartender so they can make a few small changes so you can have fun with them.
Discover 6 ketogenic cocktail recipes that will help you burn fat . In addition to being very rich and refreshing, they will help you drastically reduce sugar and carbohydrates.
6 Ketogenic Cocktail Recipes
1. Keto margarita
This is a very recognized drink worldwide, of Mexican origin. It has an excellent combination of sweet and salty that will help quench your thirst, but you must be careful with the high sugar content that you can find in it.
The syrup, also known as sugar, and the salt around the rim do not work because they are pure carbohydrates, so we recommend substituting the sugar for the liquid syrup, and for the rim adding sea salt.
- Sea salt.
- 40 milliliters of tequila.
- 15 milliliters of orange liqueur, such as Cointreau.
1.2 Steps to follow
- Place a handful of sea salt on a plate.
- Rub a damp paper towel around the rim of the margarita glass.
- Turn the glass upside down while rubbing the edge with the sea salt, this way the salt will remain in the glass.
- Squeeze 30 milliliters of fresh lemon juice by hand or with a citrus juicer; then put the juice in a bowl to preserve it.
- Fill the shaker with ice, then add the tequila, orange liqueur, and lemon juice.
- Shake the ingredients in the shaker until cool.
- Fill the glass with the contents of the shaker and enjoy to your liking.
2. Moscow mule
This drink contains ginger beer, lime and vodka, but this new and improved version of the Moscow Mule gives this drink a healthier twist.
To do this, it is recommended to remove the ginger beer, due to its high sugar content, and instead add ginger soda to create a much healthier juice.
If you need a little more sweetness in your drink, the best thing you can do is add a little stevia to it.
2.1 Ingredients and instruments
- A jug of Moscow Mule.
- 60 milliliters of vodka.
- 15 milliliters of lime juice.
- 180 milliliters of ginger beer.
2.2 Steps to follow
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a Collins jug (Moscow Mule Jug) and drop the lemon peel into it.
- Add two or three ice cubes, then pour in the vodka and fill it with the chilled ginger beer.
- Serve the drink and attach a stirring rod to combine the flavors.
3. Keto Mojito
This is another popular cocktail of Cuban origin. It is a rich blend of lemon, soda, sugar, and fresh mint.
The expert nutritionist Shapiro recommends changing the sugar that is normally used in the preparation of these drinks for stevia; this way you will avoid consuming those extra calories. Another good tip is to give it an extra lemon twist to bring out the flavor of the mojito .
3.1 Ingredients and instruments
- 10 fresh mint leaves.
- 1/2 lemon cut into 4 pieces.
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar (or to taste).
- 1 cup of ice cubes.
- 45 milliliters of white rum.
- 1/2 cup of soda.
3.2 Steps to follow
- Place the mint leaves and lemon wedges in a sturdy glass.
- Use a mortar to crush the mint and mint, this will release the mint oils and lemon juice.
- Fill the glass to the top with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice and finish filling the glass with carbonated water (soda).
- Taste the drink until you find the exact point of flavor.
4. Champagne Cocktail
Do not deny yourself the pleasure of enjoying a rich champagne cocktail but, instead of adding a sugar cube, it is better to serve it with a little liquid stevia, in this way you will avoid excess carbohydrates.
- Stevia to taste.
- Bitter from Angostura.
- Lemon or orange twist (for garnish).
4.2 Steps to follow
- Add some stevia to the Angostura bitters and serve it in a glass of Champagne.
- Top with a luxurious champagne or sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a touch of lemon or orange.
This is not a drink that has high levels of sugar or carbohydrates, but there is always room to improve it and make it much healthier.
There are several suggestions to make your Negroni lighter, such as scooping out the sweet vermouth that contains too much sugar and carbohydrates. For this, it is better to use extra dry vermouth, which has less carbohydrates than the other version.
- 30 milliliters of Campari.
- 30 milliliters of Gin.
- 30 milliliters of sweet or semi-sweet red vermouth.
- Orange peel.
5.2 Steps to follow
- Combine Campari, gin, and vermouth in a shaker and stir to combine.
- Run the orange peel over the rim of a glass with ice. Finally, use the peel to decorate.
6. French 75
Many people add sugar syrup to the French 75 cocktail , this what it does is raise the levels of sugar and carbohydrates in the drink.
To avoid this common mistake, it is best to switch from the syrup to liquid stevia; Also, if you want to get rid of the champagne because it has too many carbohydrates, you can add soda to it.
- 60 milliliters of gin.
- 30 milliliters of freshly squeezed lemon.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Champagne or sparkling wine.
- Garnish: long thin spiral lemon and cherry cocktail.
6.2 Steps to follow
- Fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake the gin, lemon juice, and sugar in a shaker until chilled.
- Place in a champagne flute.
- Cover with champagne, stir quickly and decorate the glass to your liking.
Cocktails are the best way to enjoy a pleasant moment with your friends and family. Don’t let extra carbs keep you from having a great night out and ask the bartender to make a few changes for you. This list of 6 great recipes will give you a lot of flavor and fun.
- Dana, M. Keto Cocktail Recipes That Will Help You Burn Fat. For Livestrong [Revised January 2019].