When they talk about “protein shake,” the first thing that comes to mind is those gym-goers sipping a large bottle of a liquid that looks like mud made of powder and water. This is a great way to get protein when training, but it’s not one of the most enjoyable ways to take it.
Meet these 3 natural recipes for really delicious protein shakes : with a few simple extra ingredients you can make the difference between a protein shake with an unpleasant taste or a shake that gives you all the benefits you need and also with a rich flavor.
How To Make Natural Protein Shakes
To begin with, you have to stop thinking that protein shakes are not just protein powder and water: you have to start thinking of them as protein-rich shakes, and to do this you have to find a recipe that you really enjoy and customize it to your liking. personal.
To make a complete protein shake , you have to start by including a carbohydrate source (it can be fruit or oatmeal) and a protein (protein powder or Greek yogurt).
You should add at least 20 grams of protein to a shake, to drink before a workout, or even for a small meal. Greek yogurt and cottage cheese contain around 20g of protein per serving, while protein powder contains 20-40g per scoop.
A cup of fruit also works perfectly, as it adds filling fiber and energizing carbohydrates to the shake, as well as giving it a very pleasant flavor. On the other hand, the amount of liquid you need will depend on the amount of the other ingredients you use.
We present you 3 examples of energizing protein shakes .
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk.
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed and 1/2 teaspoon of
- 2 tablespoons of powdered peanut butter and 1 tablespoon of chocolate protein powder.
- 3 ice cubes if you take it in summer
- Pour all the ingredients into a large blender and mix all the ingredients.
- Once ready, serve to your liking.
2. Blackberry smoothie
- 1 cup of fresh blackberries.
- 1/2 of a frozen banana.
- 180 ml of fat-free or low-fat plain Greek yogurt.
- 4 ice cubes.
- 1/4 or a little more if you want a cup of unsweetened almond milk or another type of milk if necessary.
- A few drops of liquid stevia or another natural sweetener, to taste.
- Place the blackberries, bananas, yogurt, ice cubes, and milk in a blender.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Add stevia for sweetening and milk for a firmer consistency (if necessary).
3. Banana smoothie
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk.
- 1/2 cup full-fat Greek yogurt.
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder.
- 1 frozen banana.
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Ice, as needed.
- Add the unsweetened almond milk, plain Greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder, frozen banana, and ground cinnamon to a blender.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- If the shake is too thick, you can add a little more almond milk.
Protein shakes are the “best friends” of people who exercise every day. With the help of these, athletes can physically evolve to perform better in their workouts.
- Christine, B. How to Make a Protein Shake That Tastes Amazing. For Bicycling [Revised January 2019].