In training it is essential to maintain good health, but it is more important, if possible, at an early age, where the child’s body composition is fixed and habits that will last throughout life are acquired. Try this routine for children at home that will make you have fun together and improve your body composition.
- 1 The importance of physical activity in the little ones
- 2 TABATA methodology: easily move around the house in just 4 minutes
- 3 The exercises that we are going to use for the routine for children at home
- 4 Routine for children at home and without material
- 5 References
The importance of physical activity in the little ones
Physical activity is truly important to maintain good health in any subject, regardless of their age, but it is more advisable if possible at an early age, since that is where the lifestyle of the future is configured. Therefore, active children are more likely to stay away from sedentary lifestyle in the future.
A healthy lifestyle that includes physical activity is a good way to treat and prevent certain chronic diseases that are very common in adulthood, such as obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, cancer, musculoskeletal problems and mental health problems.
On the other hand, we know that a sedentary lifestyle is a risk factor for these same diseases called metabolic syndrome, so regular physical activity and a decrease in sedentary lifestyle are an important pillar for health both in childhood and in older ages. .
Finally, it should be noted that, for physical activity to be healthy, it is important that it be carried out regularly, that is , that it is part of daily activity . Sporadic physical activity does not achieve the health benefits that are obtained with regular physical activity, it can even favor the appearance of injuries.
TABATA methodology: easily move around the house in just 4 minutes
First of all, you should know that for a physical exercise to be healthy and not cause problems, it must be adapted to the physical condition, age and preferences of each subject.
The general recommendations for physical activity speak of doing moderate or intense activity for at least 60 minutes a day . But you don’t always have enough time to adhere to these recommendations, so with the TABATA method you can keep your children active in just 4 minutes.
What is TABATA?
TABATA is a high intensity interval training methodology or HIIT with which you can get out of a sedentary lifestyle and show off a fit body in a short time .
To apply this training modality, you must choose an exercise and do it for 20 seconds, doing as many repetitions as possible ; Next, we must take a break of exactly 10 seconds and continue for 7 more series. You can also choose 4 exercises and repeat both exercises twice, or you can even choose 8 different exercises: in this way, it will not cause your children to get bored.
The exercises that we are going to use for the routine for children at home
Here we suggest 4 exercises without material that can be done anywhere
Any routine for children at home should include the iron or at least one of its variants.
This exercise is one of the best tools you will find to strengthen the core area (glute, abdomen and lumbar). In addition to being a movement that will activate a large number of muscles, in its execution we will be avoiding the shear movement that causes the typical shrinkage and that will end up damaging your intervertebral discs.
To do it correctly:
- Get on a mat or mat resting your forearms on the floor.
- Stretch your legs straight and support the balls of your feet.
- Squeeze your abdomen and raise your hips keeping the horizontality between your body and the ground.
- Hold the position for the stipulated time.
The squat is one of the most powerful, complete and functional exercises that can be performed if you want to work your legs in a global way. But if we also add jumping, it becomes a very dynamic and fun exercise with a fairly high intensity that will make the heartbeat skyrocket.
With this exercise, your quadriceps, gluteus and hamstrings will receive a stimulus that will make them improve, enhancing strength and promoting muscle development in the legs.
- Stand upright, with your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knee and try to lower your hips until you break the ninety-degree line at your knee joint.
- Perform a leg extension that raises your hips until you reach the starting point of the exercise and at the same time lets your feet off the ground.
Jumping jacks is an extraordinary exercise to accelerate the metabolism and burn extra calories, so it is our best ally when it comes to eliminating belly fat without leaving home.
It is an exercise that can be adapted to any level, it will only be necessary to adapt the intensity of the jumps.
To run it correctly:
- Stand with your legs closed and your arms at the sides of your hips, and perform a jump while opening your arms and legs.
- Jump again to return to the starting position alternately.
Push-ups are the star exercise to improve upper body strength and hypertrophy. It is an exercise that you must include in your training plan at home, regardless of your goal, age or gender, but you must take into account the physical condition of the subject and look for a variant that reduces the complexity and intensity of the exercise . That is why we suggest that you start using wall push-ups in the first place.
To perform the exercise correctly, follow the instructions below:
- Stand within a meter or meter and a half from a wall.
- Place the palms of your hands on it with your arms stretched out.
- Bend your elbows as you lower your chest to the wall.
- Push back to the starting position and repeat the movement.
Routine for children at home and without material
To perform the routine, we recommend that you use songs adapted to the TABATA method. These songs are marked with the spaces where you must perform the exercises, followed by rest periods of 10 seconds where you must rest.
Below you can see an example of an adapted song.
Perform the highest number of repetitions of each exercise during the 20-second block of activity. Use the following structure:
|Block 1||Jump squats|
|Block 2||Wall push-ups|
|Block 4||Jumping jacks|
|Block 5||Jump squats|
|Block 6||Wall push-ups|
|Block 8||Jumping jacks|
Once the song is finished and, therefore, the 8 blocks of exercises , you must rest for at least two minutes to be able to recover correctly. Then it can be repeated choosing different melodies so that the playful part of the activity is maintained.
It is very important to adapt the intensity of the exercises to each child , so it is advisable to ask an opinion from a physical activity and health professional so that he or she can correct the technique or prescribe the exercises to be included in the TABATA method. .
- InfamilyAEP. (March 13, 2015). Sport and physical activity in children. enfamilia.aeped.es https://enfamilia.aeped.es/vida-sana/deporte-actividad-fisica-en-ninos
- Gottau, G. Perfect your Tabata workout and get fit in no time. vitonica.com https://www.vitonica.com/entrenamiento/perfeccionar-tu-entrenamiento-tabata-y-ponte-en-forma-en-poco-tiempo