If you are thinking about following a diet to lose 20 kilos quickly , the first thing you should ask yourself is not how to get there, but to realize that this fact is not a joke. What do we mean by this? That it is good to take care of yourself and lose weight , especially if the reduction that we must make due to health issues is drastic. However, we cannot become obsessed with having a body of ten in a short time . It is true that times can be reduced, but we are not talking about a week or two, at least if we want to do things well and feel proud of ourselves. For this reason, we are going to show you how to make yourself feel good inside and out without the path becoming a path of thorns.
Losing Weight Is It Healthy?
If you have decided to lose weight, it is probably because your doctor has recommended it or you have noticed that your body is not as healthy as it should. If this is the case, then it is ideal that you have decided to propose to stay in shape , enjoying even more the aspects that make up your life and constantly feeling stronger. Likewise, sometimes losing weight also means being able to go for a walk for longer without exhausting yourself, move with greater agility, put on those clothes that you have been wanting for so long or play with the little ones in the house without having to ask them for time-outs every few minutes.
On the other hand, not suffering from obesity means that there are lower risks of suffering from certain diseases , such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, sleep apnea, infertility, high blood pressure or osteoarthritis, among many others. These are exacerbated when the problem of being overweight increases.
However, sometimes you just want to lose weight because of an obsession . It is very common for society and the media to impose an unreal image of people. This fact can harm us a lot if we want to come to resemble the models that appear in advertisements or in fashion shows, for example. If this is your case, it is very important that you analyze that nobody is perfect, and that the important thing is to feel a strengthened health and value yourself for other issues that go far beyond the physical.
Lose weight responsibly
However, following a diet to lose 20 kilos quickly or wanting to tone your body responsibly can help you feel better . To do this, you will need to do physical exercise and bet on healthy eating habits.
How long can you lose twenty kilos of weight?
Yes, you can follow a diet to lose 20 kilos fast . However, we are not talking about miracles. In these processes you always have to be patient and, therefore, it is not advisable to lose so much weight in less than six months . Let’s stop listening to promises that cannot be kept and let’s stop putting our health at risk for reasons that can be solved later.
We know what we are talking about, and starting to consume a very low number of calories causes not only that we lose weight, but also that the muscle and the water of which the body is composed disappears . All this can also lead to vitamin and mineral deficiencies . Likewise, on a psychological level it is also a mistake to bet on miracle diets. In these cases, it is common to feel apathy, bad mood, anxiety and discouragement, especially due to the hunger that we may feel.
When we bet on unhealthy processes, foods that are basic for the body , such as cereals or bread, are usually put aside. Have you heard that bread is the first thing to remove when following a diet to lose 20 kilos fast ? Well ignore this information. The reason is that bread paves the way for us, raising our spirits. In addition, it will be easier for the results to be maintained over time, since the rebound effect is very dangerous .
According to scientific studies, the ideal is a calorie limitation that allows you to lose between 250 and 500 grams of weight per week in BMI of 27 to 35 . In the event that your BMI is higher than the previous figures, the ideal is to lose 500 grams to one kilogram each week .
Tips when following a diet to lose 20 kilos fast
When it comes to following a diet to lose twenty kilos fast , we must follow a series of guidelines that will allow us to achieve our goal. Among them are the following:
- Eat five meals a day : Eating every four hours will give you the option to properly regulate blood glucose levels. Thus, it will be possible for you to get to the next meal knowing how to choose the healthiest ingredients.
- Drink plenty of fluids : Drinking fluids, approximately two liters of water a day, either in broths or infusions, will help your body to function more properly. Also, you need to avoid alcohol and sugary drinks.
- Dish ideas : The dishes you make for lunch and dinner should contain foods rich in carbohydrates, vegetables and cereals. Eating only salads or similar dishes will only make you want to eat foods of high calorie origin.
- Replace refined grains with whole grains : This is another ideal tip to lose weight easily. However, it is not enough to change white bread for wholemeal one day, but you have to maintain this decision over time.
- Varied cooking: Varied cooking is ideal, but it should be low in fat. We recommend that you bet on steamed vegetables, grilled meats or stews with little oil. Put aside the battered and fried, which will only serve to increase the calories you eat.
- Avoid monotony : Do not dedicate yourself to always eating the same dishes, because you will get bored very soon when creating a menu. This would multiply your chances of falling into temptation.
- Aromatic herbs : In order to give your dishes a more delicious flavor, use aromatic herbs and spices. Of course, moderate the salt.
- Eat slowly : Chewing your food slowly and eating slowly will help your body assimilate that it is full before you eat more than it should.
Other aspects to consider in the diet
As we have already said, a healthy diet is easy to follow with willpower . What’s more, we emphasize that many recipes can be made with the same product. For example, grilled chicken can be served with a roasted potato, on skewers, and in salads. The same goes for other foods.
However, what we eat is not the only thing to consider . Controlling stress, sleeping well and playing sports is essential when it comes to taking care of our body . In this way, we can say that lack of sleep alters those mechanisms that control appetite. Also, stress releases adrenaline and cortisol, affecting metabolism. In addition, physical activity enhances weight loss. They can take long walks, bet on a stationary bike or climb stairs instead of using the elevator. Small details always play a role .