Avocado is a food that can be very healthy and beneficial for women when consumed in the right amounts. This delicious fruit is full of vitamins and beneficial fats that improve your general health, and it also has the advantage that it is easy to add to our diet in salads, tarts and sandwiches. Do you want to know all the benefits that avocado can bring to your health? Coming up next, we tell you.
- 1 Reasons why avocado is healthy for your body
- 1.1 1. Its high content of vitamin B6 protects you from anemia
- 1.2 2. Avocado is a rich source of calcium and vitamins
- 1.3 3. Contains magnesium, which improves the immune system
- 1.4 4. Provides potassium, essential for muscle vigor
- 1.5 5. Take care of the cardiovascular system and reduce inflammation
- 1.6 7. It is rich in fiber
Reasons why avocado is healthy for your body
1. Its high content of vitamin B6 protects you from anemia
Avocado contains vitamin B6, a very important vitamin for women since the lack of it often leads to the development of anemia . Anemia is caused by iron deficiency and is a condition that women frequently suffer due to the loss of blood caused by menstruation in very abundant periods. In addition, vitamin B6 also maintains the optimal functioning of the brain and helps prevent its degeneration, which is why it is necessary to ingest it.
2. Avocado is a rich source of calcium and vitamins
An avocado has 2 milligrams of vitamin E, 9 milligrams of vitamin C and 13 milligrams of calcium, according to the Langone Medical Canter of New York University. The calcium in avocados helps women maintain strong bones . Eating this fruit, therefore, is an easy way to add a wide range of vitamins and minerals to the diet and to keep our bones strong.
3. Contains magnesium, which improves the immune system
Eating avocado also helps replenish magnesium in your body. An avocado contains on average 35 milligrams of magnesium, a mineral that helps women maintain a strong immune system . Magnesium also helps protect and strengthen teeth, and is an essential mineral in the performance of various metabolic processes.
4. Provides potassium, essential for muscle vigor
Avocados provide a large amount of potassium to your diet. A medium avocado has 507 milligrams of potassium, which helps the muscles function optimally . Therefore, this fruit helps women to maintain the ability to exercise regularly and undertake daily activities without fatigue.
5. Take care of the cardiovascular system and reduce inflammation
Avocados contain healthy monounsaturated fats. This type of fat helps limit inflammation in the body, according to the Harvard School of Public Health. It also influences the improvement of the performance of the cardiovascular system and helps reduce the level of bad cholesterol.
7. It is rich in fiber
Eating an avocado to add fiber to your diet helps your body maintain an adequate intestinal transit that allows you to have regular bowel movements. The fiber in avocados also allows the body to use sugars effectively. Each avocado has 7 grams of fiber, according to the New York University Langone Medical Center, making it the perfect food to consume when we want to avoid constipation.